Navy College Program > Topic Listing> Topic: Tuition Assistance (TA)
Topic: Tuition Assistance (TA)
18 Articles
Orange arrow What are the caps for tuition assistance? What is the max amount that TA covers?

  Payment for tuition will not exceed the following caps for authorized courses: • $250.00 per semester hour • $166.67 per quarter hour • $16.67 per clock hour (for approved certificate/diploma programs only) Beginning 1 October 2019 IAW NAVADMIN 114/19:• Enlisted members an...
Orange arrow Does the Navy pay for SAT/ACT exams?

  CONUS Sailors Beginning July 1, 2016, Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education (DANTES) will provide an optional payment method for Service members via reimbursement for tests taken at ACT and SAT National and International Test Centers. Service members will be required to pay for the ACT an...
Orange arrow Does the Navy fund a second degree at the same level if I paid for it before joining the Navy?

  Tuition assistance (TA) is not authorized for courses used to earn an additional degree at the same or lower education level. See OPNAVINST 1560.9A dtd 4 MAR 2008 and NETCINST 1560.3 dtd 20 JAN 2011 for more information....
Orange arrow Does the Navy pay for GRE/GMAT/PRAXIS exams?

  CONUS Sailors Service members are eligible for the reimbursement of one General Education Development (GED), Graduate Management Admissions Test) GMAT, Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General, GRE Subject, Praxis Core (formerly Praxis I) and Praxis Subject Assessment (including the Principles of...
Orange arrow How often do I have to complete the Tuition Assistance Training? How do I complete and update my TA training?

  All Navy service members are required to complete prerequisite training once per lifetime/service career: 1. Navy Tuition Assistance IMI training2. Navy Virtual Counseling 101 IMI training Both courses can be found in MyNavy Education on the home landing page under “quick links.” ...
Orange arrow Does TA pay for certificate programs?

  Navy TA will fund certificate programs if the following requirements are met: The academic institution is regionally or nationally accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education and is a signatory of the DOD MOU The courses appear on a college transcript in ...
Orange arrow How do I make a change on my TA voucher?

  To make changes to an authorized tuition assistance (TA) voucher (course number, course title, term dates, etc.), notify the NCVEC by one of the following methods. Chat with a counselor (during business hours): Submit a Help Request Ticket: http:...
Orange arrow What happens if my military commitments or personal emergency prevent me from completing my TA funded course?

  If you receive a (Withdrawal) grade, a waiver of the reimbursement policy may be requested via your Chain of Command. The withdrawal must be for one of the following reasons: PCS, TAD, Emergency Leave, Operational Commitments, or Hospitalization. Submit a letter on command letterhead and signed by...
Orange arrow I dropped a course; therefore, I do not need the TA voucher. How are the credits allocated back to me?

  If you receive an authorized tuition assistance (TA) voucher and then drop the course, notify the NCVEC by one of the following methods to cancel the course(s): Chat with a counselor (during business hours): Submit a Help Request Ticket: http://su...
Orange arrow How do I use TA and Top-Up to pay for school?

  To be eligible for the Tuition Assistance (TA) Top-Up benefit, the person must be approved for federal TA by a military department and be eligible for Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty benefits or the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Call the Veterans Administration at 888-442-4551 or visit their website for speci...
Orange arrow When should I submit my tuition assistance application?

  We highly recommend you submit WebTA/NCPACE Distance Learning (DL) applications at least 30 days in advance of your institution’s published term start date. However, per NAVADMIN 219/16, you must submit and ensure your WebTA application is Command Approved electronically in My Education betwe...
Orange arrow Who is Eligible for Navy Tuition Assistance?

  Navy Tuition Assistance (TA) is available to active duty Naval officers, enlisted personnel, and eligible Naval reservists who meet certain eligibility requirements. Login to your MyNavy Education record to view missing eligibility requirements. MyNavy Education:
Orange arrow What are the steps to receive tuition assistance?

  Review pertinent NAVADMINs (i.e., 219/16, 243/17, 127/18, 114/19) Inform your chain of command of your interest to start or continue your education. Complete required training (once per lifetime/service career) a. Navy Tuition Assistance IMI training (completed in MyNavy Education) b. Navy Virt...
Orange arrow I am nearly maxed out or have maxed out my annual credit limit for tuition assistance (TA). Should I wait until October 1st to submit a new TA application?

  Sailors who have reached their fiscal year funding limit can still submit a TA application for courses that start on or after 1 October. The system will indicate no credits remaining; however, you can still submit the application and receive command approval. On 1 October, the system will reset e...
Orange arrow How do I request a course extension?

  To request a course extension, submit documentation from the school reflecting a course extension has been granted. Include the original course dates and the new extension date in your correspondence. Submit an Assistance Center Help Request: and ch...

Page: 1 of 2