Support Center > Knowledge base> Category: North Dakota
Category: North Dakota
10 Articles
Orange arrow North Dakota Credit for Taxes Paid to Another Jurisdiction

  Credit for income tax paid to another state If you were a full-year resident or part-year resident of North Dakota and you paid income tax to another state on income also taxed by North Dakota, you may be eligible for an income tax credit. Obtain Schedule ND-1CR for more information. Attach Schedu...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow How do I amend my North Dakota state tax return?

  By law, you must file an amended North Dakota return to report changes made to your federal return. This applies whether the changes are attributable to your filing of an amended federal return, or an audit or correction by the IRS. The amended North Dakota return must be filed within 90 days after...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow How can I contact the state of North Dakota?

  The North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner 600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept 127 Bismarck, ND 58505-0599 701-328-1247 Did you receive a letter or other document from the Office of State Tax Commissioner? If so, please contact the number identified on that letter or document. The direct contac...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow How can I file an extension for my North Dakota state taxes?

  Extension of time to fileYou may obtain an extension of time to file your North Dakota individual income tax return by obtaining either a federal extension or a North Dakota extension. Federal Extension If you obtain an extension of time to file your federal return, it will be recognized for North...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow How can I check the status of my North Dakota refund?

  Contact North Dakota in reference to your refund by clicking You must contact the state for any information related to the status of your refund....
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow How can I determine if I am a resident of North Dakota?

  The term "resident" refers to an individual who is a legal resident of North Dakota. Legal residence (which is also called domicile) means the place that is your permanent home to which you always intend to return whenever absent from it. If you have more than one physical place of abode, only one ...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow I am a North Dakota resident earning wages in Montana. How do I file a Montana income tax return?

  Montana has an income tax reciprocity agreement with the state of North Dakota which provides that a resident of one state may elect to be exempt from wage withholding and individual income tax on compensation received for work performed in the other state. If you are a resident of North Dakota, ...
Orange arrow North Dakota National Guard

  National Guard or Reserve Member Exclusion If you were a member of the North Dakota National Guard or the U.S. armed forces reserve, and you were mobilized for federal active duty service under Title 10, United States Code, enter the compensation received for that service. Do not enter compensatio...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow North Dakota Contributions

  If you have an overpayment (refund), you may make a voluntary contribution of part or all of your overpayment to the Watchable Wildlife Fund or the Trees For North Dakota Program Trust Fund (or both) by entering on the applicable line the amount you wish to contribute. If contributing, you must con...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Orange arrow North Dakota Payment Options

  The balance due must be paid in full with your return. You may pay the balance due using a debit or credit card or electronic check. North Dakota contracts with a national electronic payment service to provide this option. A fee is charged for this service, none of which goes to the State of North ...
Posted in: States, North Dakota

Page: 1 of 1