OLT.com Customer Service Knowledge Base
Support Center > Knowledge base> Category: South Carolina
Category: South Carolina
41 Articles
Orange arrow South Carolina Form 4972 Tax on Lump Sum Distributions

  South Carolina provisions for lump-sum distributions are the same as the federal provisions. If you used the federal 4972 for a lump-sum distribution, you must use the SC4972 to compute the South Carolina tax....
Orange arrow How can I check the status of my South Carolina state refund?

  SC DOR website: https://dor.sc.gov/refund Check your refund status using our refund status application, which is available 24/7 and provides the same information as our customer service representatives. If you filed electronically and received a confirmation from your tax preparation software, ...
Orange arrow South Carolina Payment Options

  If you owe $15,000 or more in connection with any SCDOR return, you must pay electronically per SC Code Section 12-54-250(A)(1). Pay online using our free tax portal, MyDORWAY, at https://mydorway.dor.sc.gov/_/. Select Individual Income Tax Payment to get started. If mailing your payment, do...
Orange arrow How can I pay the taxes I owe to the state of South Carolina?

  You may pay your taxes online with the South Carolina DOR website. Click on the link "Pay online using MyDORWAY" Taxpayers may submit their Individual Income Tax Payment Voucher (SC1040-V) electronically. Taxpayers who file electronically can submit the voucher and payment by going to www.sctax.o...
Orange arrow Who must file a South Carolina state tax return?

  Individuals must file a South Carolina tax return if they earned income in South Carolina and are required to file a federal income tax return. If you are not required to file a federal return but you had state taxes withheld from your wages, you must file a state tax return to receive a tax refund...
Orange arrow South Carolina Residency

  For tax filing purposes, you are a South Carolina resident (even if you live outside South Carolina) when: Your intention is to maintain South Carolina as your permanent home; AND South Carolina is the center of your financial, social and family life; AND when you are away, South Carolina is the pl...
Orange arrow How can I file an extension for my South Carolina state taxes?

  Need more time to file? Request a six month filing extension for your South Carolina Individual Income Taxes by: Paying your balance due online using MyDORWAY on or before the due date. Choose the individual payment option, enter your taxpayer information, and then choose the "Extension Paym...
Orange arrow Can my South Carolina state tax refund be seized to pay off debts that I owe?

  The South Carolina Department of Revenue assists other State agencies, institutions of higher learning, political subdivisions of the state, and the Internal Revenue Service in the collection of overdue accounts. All or part of your refund can be sent directly to these "claimant" agencies if they n...
Orange arrow South Carolina Additions

  State tax addback If you itemized your deductions on your federal Income Tax return and deducted state and local Income Tax or general Sales Tax, you may be required to add back all or part of this amount to your federal taxable income when computing your South Carolina taxable income. Federal la...
Orange arrow South Carolina Subtractions

  State tax refund If you included your state tax refund on your federal 1040, enter that amount on this line. Total and permanent disability retirement income If disability retirement income was taxed on your federal Income Tax return and you are totally and permanently disabled, you may be able ...
Orange arrow How can I amend my South Carolina state return?

  Beginning with tax year 2019, if you need to amend your return, file a new SC1040 and check the Amended Return box on the front. Complete the return as it should have been filed, including all schedules and attachments. Complete the SCH AMD, Amended Return Schedule and submit it with your amended S...
Orange arrow South Carolina Tuition Tax Credit

  To help ease the financial burden for South Carolina college students and their families, the South Carolina General Assembly has created an income tax credit for tuition paid to South Carolina colleges and universities. Who can claim the credit? The student, parents, guardian or whomever actu...
Orange arrow South Carolina Contributions

  The following are funds you can contribute to with your tax return or along with your tax payment. Endangered Wildlife Fund -Thanks to your generous support, the number of bald eagles in South Carolina has increased from 13 to over 250 nesting pairs. With the success here and in other states, the ...
Orange arrow South Carolina Millitary Family Relief Fund

  This fund awards grants to families of members of the SC National Guard or Reserves who are called to active duty as a result of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Grants are distributed based on need, status and service-connected injury or illness. Military Family Relief Fund, Division ...
Orange arrow South Carolina State Parks Fund

  State Park Contributions - Contributions will help support, establish and improve projects that preserve and interpret the natural and cultural environment on SC State Parks. Projects include: Loggerhead sea turtle nesting programs; habitat enhancements; trail creation and maintenance, education ce...

Page: 1 of 3