OLT.com Customer Service Knowledge Base
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Montana Payment Options

Montana Payment Options

Article ID: 58729 Print
Montana Payment Options


You can pay the amount you owe by:

● Electronic funds withdrawal when e-filing your joint federal/state tax return. You can Schedule your withdrawal for a later date.

●E-check or credit/debit card-visit revenue.mt.gov and click on TransAction Portal (TAP) or Income Tax Express (ITE) e-payment services.

● Personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Be sure to include the payment voucher available at revenue.mt.gov, or call us at (406) 444-6900 to request a voucher. Make your check payable to the Montana Department of Revenue, sign your check, and write your Social Security Number and “Tax Year 2021” on the memo line.

Note: We may need to adjust your payment if it is not in U.S. funds. Interest and late payment penalties will be assessed on any amount not paid when due.

If you cannot pay the entire amount that you owe with your tax return, we encourage you to file your return on time and pay as much as possible. By filing and paying as much as you can by April 15, 2022, you may not have to pay a late file penalty and you can reduce the amount of your late payment penalty and interest. If you need to establish a payment plan, call us at (406) 444-6900 as soon as possible to discuss your payment options and make arrangements. Taxpayers filing separately on the same form may make two payments if both owe taxes.



related articles

Article Details
Views: 2638 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Jan 03, 2022
Posted in: States, Montana

Poor Outstanding