1. Subtract any income or gain of an enrolled member of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe who resides in Indian country of such tribe or any income or gain of an enrolled member of the Mohegan Tribe who resides in Indian country of such tribe where the income or gain is derived from or connected with Indian country of the tribe. Enter the words “Mashantucket Pequot Tribe enrolled member” or “Mohegan Tribe enrolled member,” as the case may be.
2. Subtract the amount of interest earned on funds deposited in a Connecticut individual development account to the extent included in federal adjusted gross income.
3. Subtract any interest paid on indebtedness incurred to acquire investments that provide income taxable in Connecticut but exempt for federal purposes, that is not deductible in determining federal adjusted gross income, and is attributable to a trade or business of that individual.
4. Subtract expenses paid or incurred for the production (including management, conservation, and maintenance of property held for production) or collection of income taxable in Connecticut but exempt from federal income tax, that are not deductible in determining federal adjusted gross income, and are attributable to a trade or business of that individual.
5. Subtract the amount of any distributions you received from the CHET fund as a designated beneficiary to the extent includible in your federal adjusted gross income. Congress passed legislation excluding from federal gross income any distribution from a qualified state tuition program (such as CHET) to the extent the distribution is used to pay for qualified higher education expenses (Pub. L. No. 107‑16, § 402). To the extent any distribution from CHET is excluded from federal gross income, the amount should not be reported as a subtraction modification on Line 49.
6. Subtract any amortizable bond premium on bonds that provide interest income taxable in Connecticut but exempt from federal income tax, which premiums were not deductible in determining federal adjusted gross income and are attributable to a trade or business of that individual.
7. Subtract the amount of any interest income from notes, bonds, or other obligations of the State of Connecticut included in federal adjusted gross income. This modification includes any Build America Bond tax credit amount if the Build America Bond, as described in Section 1531 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, was issued by the State of Connecticut or a Connecticut subdivision and only to the extent the credit amount is treated as interest includible in gross income for federal income tax purposes.
8. Subtract the amount of any interest, dividends, or capital gains earned on contributions to accounts established for a designated beneficiary under the Connecticut Homecare Option Program for the Elderly to the extent the interest, dividends, or capital gains are properly included in the gross income of the designated beneficiary for federal income tax purposes.
9. Subtract contributions made to an MRA established pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. § 32-9zz. See Special Notice 2012(6), 2012 Legislative Changes Affecting the Income Tax.
10. Subtract 25% of the § 179 federal deduction that you added back on your Connecticut income tax return in the preceding taxable year.
11. Subtract the amount, to the extent included in federal adjusted gross income, of any financial assistance received from the Crumbling Foundations Assistance Fund; paid to or on behalf of the taxpayer under the Collapsing Foundations Credit Enhancements Program; or financial assistance received from a municipality by the taxpayer to repair concrete foundations that have deteriorated due to the presence of pyrrhotite.
12. Subtract certain costs incurred by the taxpayer in connection with the donation to another person of human bone marrow, or all or part of a human liver, pancreas, kidney, intestine, or lung, for the purpose of organ transplantation. The costs include lost wages, medical expenses, travel expenses, and housing expenses. The subtraction can not exceed $10,000.
13. Subtract the Bioscience Venture Capital amount as calculated on Schedule CT‑BIO, Bioscience Worksheet.