The print head is getting caught up on the edge of the cassette because it is starting the print too early. This could be because the wrong template is being used or the offsets may need to be adjusted. The result is a blank print. If you look at the ribbon you may see a small line in the ribbon. This could also cause the ribbon to tear.
1. Incorrect Template. Make sure the template selected fits your cassette. If you are unsure, try Size 2. It is the smallest size. Four different document sizes are available depending on the type of cassette you have. If you are printing from PTLab you will need to change your template size in PTTemplate and export the template to PTLab. If you are printing from another program you will need to change the size in the printer driver. Right click on the printer driver in Windows - Devices and Printers. Choose Printing Preferences.
- Size 1 for standard 45° angle cassette - .236" x 1.01" (default)
- Size 2 for rounded edge 45° angle cassettes - .236" x .880"
- Size 3 for 35° angle cassettes - .293" x 1.01"
- Size 4 for rounded edge 35° angle cassettes - .293" x .880"
2. Adjust the horizontal offsets. You may access these offsets on the main screen in PTLab under the cassette preview. Or open the settings area by clicking the tool icon in the upper right corner of the software. Press Shift +A on your keyboard to enable the advanced menu. In this area you can adjust print offsets.