What If I Did Not Receive a W-2 From My Employer?

Article ID: 59628  

What If I Did Not Receive a W-2 From My Employer?


To obtain W-2 information: 

  • Contact your employer to obtain a copy.
  • If your final pay stub includes the amount of taxes withheld for Colorado, you can use this information to electronically file your state income tax return or to fill out Form DR 0084 "Substitute Colorado W-2 Form" to send with your paper return.
  • If the first two options fail, contact the IRS. The IRS may have both federal and state W-2 information. You may also contact the Colorado Department of Revenue by e-mail at their "Customer Service Site" located on the department's Web site and request state W-2 information that is available, although their records often are not updated until later in the year. Information will contain Colorado W-2 information only, not federal.
  • Contact our call center at (303) 238-7378. Note: This information from our call center will contain State of Colorado W-2 information only -- not federal.

    For federal W-2 information you must contact the IRS.

    Finally, retain copies of all your tax records for at least four years.

    For Further Information: DR 0084 IRS Web Site

Article Details
Views: 1508 Created on: Jun 15, 2013