Use this form to report:
- The sale or exchange of property.
- The involuntary conversion of property and capital assets.
- The disposition of noncapital assets.
- The disposition of capital assets not reported on Schedule D.
- The gain or loss for partners and S corporation shareholders from certain section 179 property dispositions by
partnerships and S corporations.
- The computation of recapture amounts under sections 179 and 280F(b)(2) when the business use of section 179 or listed property decreases to 50% or less.
- Gains or losses treated as ordinary gains or losses, if you are a trader in securities or commodities and made a mark-to-market election under Internal Revenue Code section 475(f).