How to Enter Income Earned as a Minister

Article ID: 58777  

How Do I Enter The Income I Earned as a Minister?


How to file Income Tax for Minister, Member of the Clergy and Religious Worker,

 As a minister who worked for your church employer, you should receive a W-2 from your church employer. You may also receive housing allowance or parsonage and self-employment income from performing wedding, baptism, and other offering. 

The following steps will get you started in preparing your income tax return for Ministers, Member of the Clergy and Religious Workers:

1. If you haven't done so, the first thing to do is create an account from our homepage.

2. In your tax account, using the NavigationTabs on top of the screen, go to Income section report your W-2 under Wages, Salaries, Tips, etc. On the W-2 page, make sure you mark the W-2 as Minister W-2. After you save off the W-2 page, if W-2      is marked as a Minister W-2, housing or parsonage related questions will show up on the screen. Please complete those questions.

3. Another way to report the parsonage or housing allowance is to enter it under Minister Tax Free Income.

Article Details
Views: 2923 Created on: Jun 15, 2013