How do I claim excess SDI paid in to California?

Article ID: 58760  

How do I claim excess SDI paid in to California?


Excess California SDI (or VPDI) Withheld

You may claim a credit for excess State Disability Insurance (SDI) or Voluntary Plan Disability Insurance (VPDI) if you meet all of the following conditions:

• You had two or more California employers during 2021.

• You received more than $128,298 in gross wages from California sources.

• The amounts of SDI (or VPDI) withheld appear on your Form(s) W-2.Be sure to attach your Form(s) W-2 to the lower front of your Form 540.

If SDI (or VPDI) was withheld from your wages by a single employer, at more than 1.20% of your gross wages, you may not claim excess SDI (or VPDI) on your Form 540. Contact the employer for a refund.

To determine the amount to enter on line 74, complete the Excess SDI (or VPDI) Worksheet. If married/RDP filing jointly, figure the amount of excess SDI (or VPDI) separately for each spouse/RDP.

Article Details
Views: 2175 Created on: Jun 15, 2013