Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Who needs to pay Wisconsin use tax?

Who needs to pay Wisconsin use tax?

Article ID: 34603 Print
Who needs to pay Wisconsin use tax?


Did you make any taxable purchasesfrom out-of-state firmsin 2014 on which sales and use tax was not charged? If yes, you must report Wisconsin sales and use tax on these purchases on line 34 if they were stored, used, or consumed in Wisconsin. You must also report sales and use tax on taxable purchases from a retailer located in another country, regardless of whether you were charged any tax for that country or any duty by the U.S. Customs Service.

Taxable purchases include furniture, carpet, clothing, computers, books, CDs, DVDs, video tapes, certain digital goods (e.g., greeting cards, video games, music, and books, transferred electronically), artwork, antiques, jewelry, coins purchased for more than face value, etc.

Example You purchased $300 of clothing through a catalog or over the Internet. No sales and use tax was charged. The clothing was delivered in a county with a 5% tax rate. You are liable for $15 Wisconsin tax ($300 x 5% = $15) on this purchase



related articles

Article Details
Views: 1417 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Aug 06, 2015
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Poor Outstanding