OLT.com Customer Service Knowledge Base
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: I have an error on my SSN for my state return.

I have an error on my SSN for my state return.

Article ID: 59754 Print
I have an error on my SSN for my state return.


If your error indicates the name and SSN of the primary taxpayer does not match the IRS records even though you are not filing a federal return, your state return is forwarded through the IRS as a State Only return and must first pass their preliminary checks. Likely a federal rejection as the return must be accepted with the IRS before the state return is sent.

How to correct this error: 

From our homepage, click on sign in to access your account.  Select the current return that is rejected.

Next, select the "My Info" tab to correct this error. If you have entered your name and SSN correctly you will need to contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 as they are the record keepers for the IRS. You will need to find out what data they have on file for you and will need to use this data in order to e-file. Please consider that if the year of birth is significantly incorrect you will need to paperfile as this could affect credits, etc.

Once you have made your correction, click Save and Continue. Select to "revisit" your state return, save and continue through the entire return.  Continue through the software to re-submit the return.

*We strongly recommend checking the status of your return in 24-48 hours using the Login to My Income Tax Return link to verify that your return has been accepted.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 1743 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Nov 11, 2021
Posted in: Rejections

Poor Outstanding