OLT.com Customer Service Knowledge Base
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?

How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?

Article ID: 59572 Print
How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?


Use Your Personal Computer

Visit our website and download the forms you need. Our address is www.in.gov/dor 

Local Help

You may be eligible to take advantage of the IRS Volunteer Return Preparation Program (VRPP). This program offers free tax return help to low income, elderly and special needs individuals. Volunteers will fill out federal and state forms for those who qualify. Call the IRS at (800) 829-1040 to find the nearest VRPP location. Be sure to take your W-2s and 1099s with you.

Information Line

Call the information line at (317) 232-2240 to get the status of your refund, billing and payment plan information, a copy of your tax return, or prerecorded tax topics. If you wish to check for billing information, be sure to have a copy of your tax notice. The system will ask you to enter the tax identification number shown on the notice. To speak to a representative, please call during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday

If you have a rotary phone, please call (317) 232-2240, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, and a representative will help you.


Internet Address

If you need help deciding which form to file, or to get information bulletins or policy directives on specific topics, visit our website at www.in.gov/dor.


Call us at (317) 232-2240 Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., for help with basic tax questions.


related articles

Article Details
Views: 1643 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 13, 2021
Posted in: States, Indiana

Poor Outstanding