Check the status of your refund
You can check the status of your refund on our website. Be sure to have a copy of your return at hand. Go to our website at www.nd.gov/tax and click on For Individuals. Then click on Where’s My Refund?
Or send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 701.328.1242. If you direct deposited your refund, first check with your bank to see if it has been deposited into your account. If you contact us, you must provide the following information:
• Your name (and spouse’s name, if joint return)
• Your social security number (and spouse’s social security number, if joint return)
• Tax year for which return was filed
• Your filing status from your return
• The exact amount of your refund (A refund on an electronically filed return generally is issued within 7 business days, and a refund on a paper return can take up to 6 weeks to process.)