OLT.com Customer Service Knowledge Base
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Schedule C Expenses - Contract Labor

Schedule C Expenses - Contract Labor

Article ID: 58919 Print
Schedule C Expenses - Contract Labor


Contract labor includes payments to persons you do not treat as employees (for example, independent contractors) for services performed for your trade or business.  Do not include contract labor deducted elsewhere on your return, such as contract labor that is part of legal and professional services, repairs and maintenance, or cost of labor that you will report elsewhere on Schedule C.  Also, do not include salaries and wages paid to your employees.

You must file Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to report contract labor payments of $600 or more during the year.

See 1099 MISC Instructions for more information at http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-1099-MISC,-Miscellaneous-Income


related articles

Article Details
Views: 2560 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 02, 2021

Poor Outstanding