Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Nebraska Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State

Nebraska Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State

Article ID: 58858 Print
Who Should File a Nebraska Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State?


Tax Due and Paid to Another State.

Refer to the Conversion Chart. Enter the amount shown on the return filed with the other state as tax paid to that state. Do not enter the total of the other state’s tax withheld. For tax paid to a political subdivision of another state that does not require filing an annual income tax return, enter the income tax withholding for that subdivision.

If you and your spouse file married, filing separately in Nebraska, but file married, filing jointly in another state, attach a calculation of each spouse’s share of the total tax paid to the other state. Use the net income of each spouse that is taxed by the other state in the calculation.


related articles

Article Details
Views: 1889 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 10, 2020
Posted in: States, Nebraska

Poor Outstanding