Navy College Program > Topic Listing> Topic: Other ED
Topic: Other ED
12 Articles
Orange arrow Can I use tuition assistance funding in conjunction with an Advanced Education Voucher or Graduate Education Voucher?

  No. Service members are not eligible for tuition assistance if they are currently enrolled in another Navy sponsored program such as, but not limited to, Graduate Education Voucher (GEV) and Advanced Education Voucher (AEV). See OPNAVIST 1560.9A dtd 4 MAR 2008 (page 8) and NETCINST 1560.3 dtd 20 JA...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow How do I receive my score following a language test administered at a Navy College office?

  For Sailors who have taken the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB), Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) or Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) test and wish to receive their scores, they can obtain them from the Navy Foreign Language Testing Office by sending an email to languagetesting@navy...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow How do I add a degree to my Joint Services Transcript and other Navy records?

  To add a college degree earned at an institution that is regionally or nationally accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education, the institution sends an official transcript directly to the Joint Service Transcript (JST) Operations Center. After the degree is posted to your ...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow How do I request a Joint Service Transcript (JST) (formerly SMART)?

  Joint Service Transcripts (JST) (formerly SMART) requests are self-service at the Joint Services Transcript website. Active duty Sailors, Marines, Coast Guard, and Army can access the JST system via CAC login. Veterans access the JST system by creating a username and password at the website. Once l...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow What is the difference between National and Regional accreditation?

  Accreditation is awarded to ensure the institutions meet acceptable standards of quality. Specific accrediting agencies are recognized by the Department of Education. There are three main types of accreditation: Regional, National, and Specialized. Regional accreditation, awarded from one of six r...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow How do I submit a complaint about my school for unfair/misleading acts?

  The Department of Defense launched the Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS) for military students and family members. Agency partners including the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Education are also launching online feedback tools, providing a centralized system for fili...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow What is the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU)? Why does my school have to sign the DoD MOU?

  DoD policy requires educational institutions that wish to participate in the DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program to sign an MOU conveying the commitments and agreements between the educational institution and DoD prior to an educational institution receiving funds from a service's TA program. You c...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow What is available to improve math and English skills?

  Peterson’s Online Academic Skills Course (OASC) is designed to improve basic math and verbal skills to excel in your present job, and to increase exam scores to advance your career. Visit:
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow How do I prepare for ACT/SAT/GRE/GMAT exams?

  Visit for test preparation information:
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow What are my options for paying for school?

  See the Paying for School section of this website for information....
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow Can Sailors take courses at an institution that has signed the DoD MOU, then transfer to a school that has NOT signed the DoD MOU, ultimately earning a degree from a non-signatory institution?

  Yes. The Service member should submit a degree plan from the degree-granting institution with a letter stating they will accept the credits from the other school(s). The letter from the non-signatory school must be specific and list the exact course numbers/titles they will accept from the signator...
Posted in: Other ED

Orange arrow Where can I find information about testing for college credit and preparing for college?

  Visit the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) website at under the Examinations Tab to learn about the various types of testing. The DANTES website also has a “Prepare for College Guide” that includes a distance learning assessment...
Posted in: Other ED

Page: 1 of 1