Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Category: STATES
Category: STATES
1001 Articles
Orange arrow Idaho Retirement Benefits Deduction

  Retirement Benefits Deduction If you are age 65 or older, or if you are disabled and age 62 or older, you may be able to deduct some of the retirement benefits and annuities you receive. You cannot claim this deduction if you file married filing separate. Only the following are qualified retiremen...
Posted in: STATES, Idaho

Orange arrow Massachusetts Senior Circuit Breaker Tax Credit

  What Is It?For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2001, senior citizens in Massachusetts may be eligible to claim a refundable credit on their state income taxes for the real estate taxes they paid on the Massachusetts residential property they own or rent and which they occupy as their pri...
Posted in: STATES, Massachusetts

Orange arrow Iowa Tuition and Textbook Credit

  Taxpayers who have one or more dependents attending Kindergarten through 12th grade in an accredited Iowa school may take a credit for each dependent for amounts paid for tuition and textbooks. Dependents must have attended a school in Iowa that is accredited under section 256.11, not operated for ...
Posted in: STATES, Iowa

Orange arrow Indiana Disability Retirement Deduction

  Disability Retirement Deduction 602 To take this deduction you must have been: Permanently and totally disabled at the time of retirement, Retired on disability before Dec. 31, 2014, and Received disability retirement income during 2014 If you meet these qualifications, you must complete ...
Posted in: STATES, Indiana

Orange arrow Kentucky Dividing the Credits

  Dividing the Credits. Each taxpayer must claim all of his or her own tax credits including the credits for age and blindness. Therefore, if married, each spouse must claim at least one credit. However, spouses may divide tax credits for dependents, or one spouse may claim all dependent credits and ...
Posted in: STATES, Kentucky

Orange arrow What are My Georgia Payment Options?

  You can mail a check or money order along with payment voucher Form 525 TV. The mailing address depends on whether you are filing electronically, by paper or filing a 2D return. Please visit to determine the correct mailing address for your filing process. The Georgia Department ...
Posted in: STATES, Georgia

Orange arrow District of Columbia Disabled Income

  You must meet all of the following requirements: - You are not filing a Form D-40EZ; - If you are married or registered domestic partners, you are filing a joint return; - You received disability payments during the taxyear; - You were under the age of 65 on December 31,; - You retired on disa...
Orange arrow Can I recover the amount of federal itemized deductions that was taxable on my Wisconsin return in prior year?

  Fill in any amount included as income on your federal tax return that is a recovery of a federal itemized deduction from a prior year for which you did not receive a Wisconsin tax benefit. Example You claimed an itemized deduction on your 2013 federal tax return for a casualty loss of $2,000. You c...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow Can I Deduct Education Related Tuition and Fees on My Wisconsin Return?

  You may be able to claim a subtraction for up to $6,940 (per student) of the amount you paid during 2014 for tuition and mandatory student fees for you, your spouse (if married filing a joint return), and children whom you claim as dependents on your federal income tax return CAUTION If you claime...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow Can I subtract Wisconsin Retirement Benefits on my Wisconsin return?

  Military and Uniformed Services Retirement Benefits You may subtract retirement payments received from: (1) The U.S. military retirement system (including payments from the Retired Serviceman's Family Protection Plan or the Survivor Benefit Plan), and (2) The U.S. government that relate to service ...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow What can I subtract under Wisconsin other subtractions?

  The following are Other subtractions: Medical Care Insurance Long-Term Care Insurance Tuition and Fee Expenses Military and Uniformed Services Retirement Benefits Local and State Retirement Benefits Federal Retirement Benefits Railroad Retirement Benefits, Railroa...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow Who needs to pay Wisconsin use tax?

  Did you make any taxable purchasesfrom out-of-state firmsin 2014 on which sales and use tax was not charged? If yes, you must report Wisconsin sales and use tax on these purchases on line 34 if they were stored, used, or consumed in Wisconsin. You must also report sales and use tax on taxable purch...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow Montana Elderly Care Credit

  You can claim a credit against your income tax liability for paying certain expenses in order to provide care to an elderly family member. Your credit cannot exceed $5,000 for one qualifying family member, or $10,000 for the care of two or more qualifying family members. In order to qualify for th...
Posted in: STATES, Montana

Orange arrow Wisconsin Armed Forces Member Credit

  The armed forces member credit is available to certain members of the U.S. armed forces. You may claim the credit if you meet all of the following: - You were on active duty, and - You received military pay from the federal government, and - The military pay was for services performed while stat...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Orange arrow What is Wisconsin Renter's and Homeowner's School Property Tax Credit?

  You may claim a credit if you paid rent for living quarters used as your primary residence OR you paid property taxes on your home. You are eligible for a credit whether or not you claim homestead credit. Note - You may not claim the school property tax credit if you (or your spouse) are claiming...
Posted in: STATES, Wisconsin

Page: 1 of 67