Support Center > Knowledge base> Category: Arkansas
Category: Arkansas
26 Articles
Orange arrow Arkansas Exempt Income

  Military Retirement Exemption (Act 141 of 2017): Beginning with tax year 2018, retirement benefits received by a member of the uniformed services as defined in this Act are exempted from the income tax. Military PayIf you have U.S. Military Compensation Pay, enter gross income in the space provide...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow Arkansas Phenylketonuria Credit

  Phenylketonuria Credit A credit of up to $2,400.00, per person per year, shall be allowed to individuals or to families with a dependent child or children with Phenylketonuria (PKU), Galactosemia, Organic Acidemias, and Disorders of Amino Acid Metabolism for expenses incurred for the purchase of m...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow Arkansas Credit For Taxes Paid to Another State

  If you are an Arkansas resident and included income on your Arkansas Return that was also taxed by another state, you may claim a credit for the income tax portion of taxes paid to the other state on that income. The income tax withheld from your wages by another state is NOT the amount of tax you...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow Arkansas Estimated Tax Payments

  If you made an Estimated Declaration and paid estimated tax payments on income OTHER THAN wages, salaries, tips, etc., write the amounts paid in this space. The only amounts to enter here are payments you made on last years Declaration of Estimated Income Tax (includes January 15, installment and/...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow What are the qualifications to claim a dependent for Arkansas?

  DEPENDENTS You may claim as a dependent any person who received over half of his or her support from you, earned less than $4,150 in gross income, and was your: Child Stepchild Mother Father Grandparent Brother Sister ...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow What filing status should I use on my Arkansas return?

  Your marital status on the last day of the year determines your status for the entire year. You have 6 filing status's to choose from which will be described briefly. If you are unmarried, divorced or legally separated from your spouse under a separate maintenance decree, your filing status is sin...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow How do I file an amended return for Arkansas?

  If filing an amended return, check the box at the top right corner of Form AR1000F/ AR1000NR/AR1000S. Complete the return, replacing the incorrect entries from your original return with the amended entries. Attach an explanation and supporting documentation for items changed. (Do not file an a...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow Can I e-file my Arkansas return as a state only return (by itself)?

  Unfortunately, you cannot. To participate in joint electronic filing with Arkansas, you must e-file your federal and state returns at the same time....
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow How do I file an Arkansas state extension?

  An automatic extension of time for filing your Federal Income Tax Return may be used when you file your Arkansas Return. If you have filed Federal Form 4868, it is no longer necessary to attach that form to the return. When the return is complete and ready to file, simply check the box on the face ...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow What income is exempt from Arkansas tax?

  1. Money you received from a life insurance policy because of the death of the person who was insured is exempt from tax.NOTE: You must include as taxable income any interest payments made to you from the insurer (the insurance company that issued the policy). 2. Money you received from life ins...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow How do I pay Arkansas my tax due?

  Complete Form AR1000V (available at www. and attach a check or money order to your return. Write the tax year and your Social Security Number or account number on the check or money order, and make your check payable in U.S. Dollars to the Department of Finance and Administrati...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow How do I check on the status of my Arkansas refund?

  You can check online at "Where's My Refund?" for Arkansas....
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow My Arkansas refund was less than it should have been. What happened?

  If you, your spouse, or former spouse owes a debt to one of the agencies below, all or part of your refund is subject to being withheld to satisfy the debt. You will receive a letter by mail advising which agency has claimed your refund. Any housing authority Arkansas circuit, county, district,...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow Do I have to file an Arkansas return?

  Whether or not you have to file a tax return depends on your filing status, age, and gross income. The situations you are about to see are requirements for filing for individuals who are full year residents of Arkansas. You will see the filing status, age, and amount of gross income that would requ...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Orange arrow What is my residency status in Arkansas for tax purpose?

  Full Year Resident You are a full year resident if you lived or maintained a domicile (home) in Arkansas during the year. Nonresident You are a nonresident if you did not make a domicile (home) in Arkansas during the year. Part-year Resident You are a part-year resident if your home was in ...
Posted in: States, Arkansas

Page: 1 of 2