How do I file an amended return for DC?

Article ID: 35102  

How do I file an amended return for DC?


Amended return

File an amended DC return if your DC tax liability for a prior open tax year (usually 3 years from date of fi ling) has changed on the D-40 or D-40EZ for the year you are amending. To fi le an amended return for the current year, complete another 2014 DC individual income return and fi ll in the "amended return" oval on the form. Attach a list with explanations of the changes covered by your amended return.

If you are fi ling an amended return for a prior year, attach a copy of the return fi led for that year. You can download forms from or call 202-442-6546 to request forms by mail.

If the IRS adjusts your individual federal tax return, you must fi le an amended DC return within 90 days of receiving notice of the federal adjustment. Attach a copy of the adjusted federal return. 

Article Details
Views: 912 Created on: Jun 15, 2013