- Electronic Funds Withdrawal – Use OLTPRO to set up a direct debit for the taxpayer
- Web Pay – Pay the amount you owe using our secure online payment service. Go to ftb.ca.gov for more information.
- Credit Card – Use your Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express card to pay your tax. If you pay by credit card, do not mail form FTB 3519
to us. Call 800.272.9829 or go to the Official Payments Corp. website at officialpayments.com, and use the jurisdiction code 1555. Official
Payments Corp. charges a convenience fee for using this service.
- Check or Money Order – Using black or blue ink, make your check or money order payable to the “Franchise Tax Board.” Do not send cash.
Write your SSN or ITIN and “2014 Form 540” as applicable on the check or money order. Enclose, but do not staple, your payment with your tax return. Make all checks or money orders payable in U.S. dollars and drawn against a U.S. financial institution. Do not combine your 2014 tax
payment and any 2015 estimated tax payment in the same check. Prepare two separate checks and mail each in a separate envelope.
If you e-filed your tax return, mail your check or money order with form FTB 3582, Payment Voucher for Individual e-filed Returns. Do not mail a
copy of your e-filed tax return. A penalty may be imposed if your check is returned by your bank for insufficient funds.
Paying by Credit Card – Whether you e-file or file by mail, use your Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express card to pay your personal
income taxes (tax return balance due, extension payment, estimated tax payment, or tax due with bill notice). There is a convenience
fee for this service. This fee is paid directly to Official Payments Corp. based on the amount of your tax payment.
- 2.30% of the tax amount charged (rounded to the nearest cent)
- Minimum fee: $1
Tax Payment = $753.56 Convenience Fee = $17.33 When will my payments be effective? Your payment is effective on the date you charge it.
What if I change my mind? If you pay your tax liability by credit card and later reverse the credit card transaction, you may be subject to penalties, interest, and other fees imposed by the FTB for nonpayment or late payment of your tax liability. How do I use my credit card to pay my income tax bill?
Once you have determined the type of payment and how much you owe, have the following ready:
- Your Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express card
- Credit card number
- Expiration date
- Amount you are paying
- Your and your spouse’s/RDP’s SSN or ITIN
- First 4 letters of your and your spouse’s/RDP’s last name
- Taxable year
- Home phone number (including area code)
- ZIP Code for address where your monthly credit card bill is sent
- FTB Jurisdiction Code: 1555
Go to the Official Payments Corp. online payment center at officialpayments.com or call 800.2PAY.TAX or 800.272.9829 and follow the recorded instructions. Official Payments Corp. provides customer assistance at 877.297.7457 Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST.