Job Error 6: There is no burn file defined for this job. (PTBurn SDK 3.x)
This error can mean there is no burn file in the JRQ. However, if a burn file is specified it can also mean that the service does not have access to it. Make sure the system account for this computer has rights to the data path specified.
You can also adjust the logon setting in the PTBurn service.
PTBurn Service normally starts as a "System" service. It is possible that a "System" service does not have all the necessary rights in some network environments. Follow these instructions to set the service to logon as the current user:
1. Go to Start - Run - Type services.msc - Click OK.
2. Find "PTBurn Service" on the list.
3. Right click on it and choose Properties.
4. Click the Logon tab.
5. At the top of the window there is a section called "Log on as:" Set this to "This account".
6. Type your normal Username and Password for the server computer in the spaces provided.
7. Click Apply and OK. Now restart the computer.