When I press the Ribbon Cartridge Eject button on my Inscripta, nothing happens. The ribbon cartridge is not ejected.
The ribbon cartridge eject button, is a mechanical button so it requires some force to eject the cartridge. Below is the best procedure to eject the cartridge:
- Before pressing the cartridge eject button, press CD tray button to eject the tray. Once the tray is fully ejected pull it completely out of the printer. (This will not damage the tray or the printer.)
- Disconnect power and the parallel cable from the back of the Inscripta.
- Place the Inscripta vertically on a sturdy surface, so that the buttons are facing the ceiling and the cable connections are facing the sturdy surface.
- Use two thumbs to press hard on the cartridge eject button. The cartridge will eject about one half inch. Pull the cartridge out manually and change the ribbon according to the instructions in your user's manual.
- Replace the cartridge. Make sure that it is fully inserted into the base.
- Apply power and plug in the parallel cable. Feed the tray back into the Inscripta.