Black text is printing blurry or with shadowing.
There are several possible reasons for this problem. All of them have to do with the driver preferences.
Go to Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes - right click on the printer (Signature or Bravo) and choose printing preferences.
- See if you have Print Black with Black Cartridge Only checked. If so, uncheck it.
- See if you have Cartridge set to Color + Black. If so, set it to Color only.
- Set enable BiDi printing to "No".
- All of the above should produce clear text but only if you have properly aligned the cartridges after each new cartridge installation. Go to Calibration Options - Run the Alignment Print (not centering test print). Run the calibration and enter the correct values - see your manual for more information on this procedure.
- If you have it properly calibrated but it still does what you described, set the Cartridge to Color only, turn off Print Black with Black Cartridge Only and make sure that Bidirectional is turned off (steps 1-3 above). This will always produce the best quality print because it does not rely on any calibration.
If you do not have some of the above options, please download the latest print driver here.