Wisconsin Payment Options

Article ID: 60222  

What Are My Wisconsin Payment Options?


 To pay online Go to the department’s website at https://tap.revenue.wi.gov/pay. This is a free service.

To pay by check or money order Make your check or money order payable to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. If the name of the taxpayer does not match the printed name on the check, print the taxpayer’s name on the memo line of the check. Paper clip it to the front of your Form 1.

If you e-filed your return and are paying by check or money order, enclose your payment with Form EPV. Mail Form EPV and your payment to the address shown on Form EPV. The payment voucher is included with your forms.

To pay by credit card. You may use your MasterCard«, American Express« Card, Visa« Card, or Discover« Card. To pay by credit card, call toll free or access by Internet the service provider listed below and follow the instructions of the provider. A convenience fee of 2.5% (with a minimum of $1) will be charged by the service provider based on the amount you are paying. You will be told what the fee is during the transaction and you will have the option to either continue or cancel the transaction. If you pay by credit card before filing your return, enter on page 1 of Form 1 in the lower right corner the confirmation number you were given at the end of the transaction and the amount you charged (not including the convenience fee).
Official Payments Corporation
1-800-2PAY-TAX (1-800-272-9829)
1-866-621-4109 (Customer Service)

What if you cannot pay? If you cannot pay the full amount shown as due on your tax return when you file, you may ask to make installment payments to the Department of Revenue. It is generally to your advantage to pay your liability in full rather than in installments. Installment agreements with the department are subject to a $20 installment agreement fee. In addition, bills not paid in full by the due date become liable for additional interest of 18% per year and a delinquent tax collection fee of the greater of $35 or 6% of the unpaid amount. For more information concerning payments and to obtain the Installment Agreement Request Form (Form A-771), consult the Department of Revenue web site at www.revenue.wi.gov.   To file an Installment Agreement Request Form electronically, go to revenue.wi.gov/html/payplan.html.

Article Details
Views: 1604 Created on: Jun 15, 2013