How Can I File for a Georgia Extension?

Article ID: 59606  

How can I file for a Georgia extension?


Extension to File.

The Georgia return must be filed along with a copy of Federal Form 4868 or the IRS confirmation letter on or before the extended Federal due date. If you do not need a Federal extension, you may use Georgia Form IT 303 to request an extension to file your Georgia return.

An extension to file does not extend the date for paying the tax. Tax must be paid electronically via GTC or with Form IT-560 by the statutory due date to avoid late payment penalty and interest. The amount paid should be entered on Form 500, Line 25.

Article Details
Views: 1276 Created on: Jun 15, 2013