How do I file a Kansas extension?

Article ID: 59560  

How do I file a Kansas extension?


If you are unable to complete your Kansas return by the filing deadline, you may request an extension of time to file. If you filed federal Form 4868 with the IRS for an automatic extension to file, enclose a copy of this form with your completed Form K-40 to automatically receive an extension to file your Kansas return. Kansas does not have a separate extension request form. If you are entitled to a refund, an extension is not required.

To pay the tax balance due for an extension, use the Kansas Payment Voucher (K-40V) and mark the box indicating an extension payment. If you do not pay the tax due (may be estimated) by the original due date, you will owe interest and penalty on any balance due.


***An extension of time to file is NOT an extension of time to pay the tax***

Article Details
Views: 1355 Created on: Jun 15, 2013