How can I amend my Montana state tax return?

Article ID: 59382  

How can I amend my Montana state tax return?


If you discover that your tax return was incorrect, you have five years from the due date of the original return to file an amended Montana tax return and to correct any mistake on your previous return. When you file this amended return, you will need to complete a new Montana tax return that reflects the corrections that you are making to your previously filed tax return.
Important: Include copies of any schedules submitted with the original filing even if none of the amounts previously reported have changed.
If you are amending your return to carry back a net operating loss, please check the "NOL" box found in the upper left hand corner of your Form 2.

Article Details
Views: 694 Created on: Jun 15, 2013