Oregon Part-Year Residents and Nonresidents

Article ID: 58859  

Oregon Part-Year Residents and Nonresidents


If you were domiciled outside Oregon and lived outside Oregon for the entire year, you were a nonresident of Oregon. If you are a nonresident, Oregon taxes only income you earned in Oregon and received from Oregon sources. In some cases, however, a taxpayer domiciled in Oregon can be treated as a nonresident.  See “Special-case Oregon residents.“

Part-year residents
If you were domiciled in Oregon for part of the year and in another state for part of the year, you were a part-year Oregon resident. Oregon taxes all of your income for the part of the year you were an Oregon resident. Oregon also taxes any income earned in Oregon or received from Oregon sources for the part of the year you were a nonresident.

Article Details
Views: 2023 Created on: Jun 15, 2013