WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio, Official Artist Submission: Airplay Request
Music Submission Policy
POLICY REGARDING MUSIC SUBMISSIONS AND PROGRAMMER ACCESS
1. Programming decisions and music selections for WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio stations are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
2. Programming decisions and music selections for WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio stations are made at the local station level. WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio does not maintain corporate playlists. Accordingly, music should be submitted directly to local stations for consideration. Materials should be sent either to the attention of “Music Director, Station _____” at the main studio address for individual station(s). Mailing addresses for individual studios can be found under the Contact tab on www.smoothjazzboston.com.
3. WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio stations accept new music submissions via CD. Although mp3 files and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted at certain stations, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact a particular station’s ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio suggests submission of music via CD when possible.
4. Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
5. Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
6. Music submitted will not be returned.
7. WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
8. Set forth below is a list of individuals at WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio stations primarily responsible for considering music for potential airplay. Many of these individuals have established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
NOTE: With regard to musical work performance rights for our station, WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream most of our stations over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.
Here is the information you'll need for submitting your music to SMOOTHJAZZBOSTON.COM RADIO:
Send us your music in MP3 format via digital download ie WeTransfer, Dropbox, Hightail etc. by which you have given us permission to broadcast or otherwise exhibit your music, in whole and/or in part. Send MP3's to email@example.com if accepted we also require a FULL or Single CD be mailed to us:
WJMX-DB Smooth Jazz Boston Global Radio
Attn: Jeff Moses (Music Director)
P.O Box 1768
Lowell, MA 01853 USA
Make sure all submissions are clean radio version, explicit versions will not be acceptable. Please include all your contact information, song information, Artist(s), BIO, Album Art etc.
Please note that submitting your music in no way implies that it has been selected for airplay, rotation or spins. Your music must be available for sale on digital sites, i.e iTunes, CD Baby or any other digital sites. If your music is not for sale it will not be considered for airplay. Make sure your music is listed with BMI, ASCAP or SESAC. If your music is selected for airplay, we will contact you and let you know if accepted or what changes need to be made so that we can offer you airplay.
For more information contact us:
Thank you for considering us to broadcast your music to the world.