Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Missouri Public Assistance

Missouri Public Assistance

Article ID: 34797 Email Print
Missouri Public Assistance


Public Assistance

Include the amount of public assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), child support, unemployment compensation, and Temporary Assistance payments received by you and your minor children. Temporary Assistance payments include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) payments. In Missouri, the program is referred to as Temporary Assistance (TA).

HELPFUL HINTS Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is paid by the Social Security Administration. You have to request an SSI form indicating total benefits received either through a my Social Security account at, by calling 1-800-772-1213, or contacting your local Social Security office. If you have minor children who receive SSI benefits, the children do not qualify for a credit. However, if you qualify for a credit, you must include the children’s SSI benefits on Line 6. If you receive temporary assistance from the Children’s Division (CD) or Family Support Division (FSD), you must include all cash benefits received for your entire household. The Department of Revenue verifies this information and failure to include total benefits may delay your refund.

This includes any pSavepayments received from the government. Do not include the value of commodity foods, food stamps, or heating and cooling assistance. Attach a copy of Forms SSA-1099, a letter from the Social Security Administration, a letter from Social Services that includes the total amount of assistance received, and Employment Security 1099, if applicable.

Missouri Public Assistance

related articles

Article Details
Views: 662 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Aug 27, 2015
Posted in: STATES, Missouri

Poor Outstanding