A recognized nonfossil form of energy generation means:
• a system that captures energy or converts energy sources into usable sources, including electricity, by using:
• solar energy, including passive solar systems
• solid waste
• the decomposition of organic waste
• fuel cells that do not require hydrocarbon fuel; or
• a system that produces electric power from biomass or solid wood wastes; or
• a small system that uses water power by means of an impoundment that is not over 20 acres in surface area.