Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Oregon Payment Options

Oregon Payment Options

Article ID: 34475 Print
What Are My Oregon Payment Options?


Electronic payment from your checking or savings account
You can pay your current year income taxes, next years estimated income taxes, any prior year tax due, and amended return taxes directly from your checking or savings account. There is no fee to use this service. This option is available only through the Oregon website.

Credit card payments
You can pay with your Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card. Contact the service provider supporting Oregon's program. The provider will charge you a convenience fee based on the amount of your tax payment. The service provider will tell you what the fee is during the transaction; you will have the option to continue or cancel the transaction before entering your credit card information. If you complete the credit card transaction, you will receive a confirmation number. Keep this confirmation number as proof of paymentù do not send with your return.

Credit card service provider:
Value Payment Systems, LLC                                                                                                                                                                               1-888-972-9673                                                                                                                                                                                              
For additional information on credit card payments please contact Value Payment Systems. 

Check or money order

  • Make your check or money order payable to "Oregon Department of Revenue".
  • Write your daytime telephone number and "(taxyear) Oregon Form 40S" or "(taxyear) Oregon Form 40" on your check.
  • Use blue or black ballpoint ink. Do not use red or purple ink or gel pens.
  • Do not send cash or a postdated check.

Include your payment and the Form 40-V payment voucher below with Form(s) W-2 and Form(s) 1099.

Payment plan.
If you cannot pay in full now, pay what you can. Use the payment voucher, Form 40-V, below. The state of Oregon will help you set up a payment plan for the amount you do not pay with your return. Contact Oregon as soon as possible to reduce penalties and interest.

Special instructions.
Do you owe interest on line 51 and have an overpayment on line 48?

If the interest you owe is more than your overpayment, you have an amount due. Subtract line 48 from line 51 and enter the result on line 53.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 720 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Nov 24, 2014

Poor Outstanding