Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Kansas Amount You Owe - Payment Options

Kansas Amount You Owe - Payment Options

Article ID: 34433 Print
Kansas Amount You Owe - Payment Options


 KDOR offers three options to pay your Kansas income tax— credit card, direct payment, or check/money order. CREDIT CARD Payment by credit card is available online through third-party vendors. Visit our Electronic Services web site at for a current list of vendors authorized to accept individual income tax payments for Kansas. A convenience fee, based on the amount of tax you are paying, will be charged. DIRECT PAYMENT If you choose WebFile or IRS e-File to file your Kansas return, Direct Payment is an option during the filing process to pay your balance due. If you file a paper return you also have the option to make an electronic payment by calling toll-free at 1-866-450-6490 or visit for an online transaction. When you select Direct Payment and provide your bank routing number and account number, you are authorizing KDOR to initiate an electronic payment from your account for payment of your balance due. Direct Payment allows you to file now, pay later – so if you file your return on March 20 and elect Direct Payment, you can have your bank account debited on the April 15 due date. With Direct Payment, you are also assured that your payment is made on time. Direct payment authorizations on returns filed by midnight of April 15 are considered to be timely paid. Important— You should check with your financial institution to be sure they allow an electronic debit (withdrawal) from your account. Direct Payment saves time – no check to write and no voucher to complete and mail. If you need to revoke this payment authorization, you must notify KDOR at 1-800-525-3901 by 4:00 PM, two business days before the scheduled payment date. CHECK OR MONEY ORDER If you choose pay by check or money order, you must complete and submit Form K-40V with your payment. Write your Social Security number on your check or money order and make it payable to "Kansas Income Tax." If you are making a payment for someone else (i.e., daughter, son, parent), write that person’s name and Social Security number on the check. DO NOT send cash. DO NOT staple or tape your payment to the K-40V or K-40 – instead, enclose it loosely with your return. Returned checks: A fee of $30.00, plus costs for a registered letter (currently $10.86), is charged on all returned checks.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 821 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Aug 21, 2014

Poor Outstanding