Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?

How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?

Article ID: 34142 Print
How do I contact Indiana Tax Assistance?


Need Help With Your Return?

Local help
For help, visit any of the district offices or take advantage of the IRS Volunteer Return Preparation Program (VRPP). This program offers free tax return help to low income, elderly and special needs individuals. Volunteers will fill out federal and state forms for those who qualify. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to find the nearest VRPP location. Be sure to take your W-2s and any 1099s. If you are going to a district office, also take a copy of your completed federal tax return.

Automated information line
Call the automated information line at (317) 233-4018 to get the status of your refund, billing information, and prerecorded tax topics. These topics include collection procedures, business registration requirements, payment-plan procedures, estimated tax procedures, underpayment of estimated tax penalty, use tax, county tax, and 2009 tax-year highlights. If you wish to check billing information, be sure to have a copy of your tax notice. The system will ask you to enter the tax identification number shown on the notice.
If you have a rotary phone, please call (317) 232-2240, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, and a representative will help you.

If you need help deciding which form to file, or need to get information bulletins or policy directives on specific topics, visit our Web site at

Call us at (317) 232-2240 Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., for help with basic tax questions

related articles

Article Details
Views: 492 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Sep 18, 2015
Posted in: STATES, Indiana

Poor Outstanding