Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: How Do I File an Extension for Maryland Taxes?

How Do I File an Extension for Maryland Taxes?

Article ID: 34125 Email Print
How Do I File an Extension for Maryland Taxes?


Follow the instructions on Form 502E to request an automatic extension of the time to file your return. Filing this form extends the time to file your return, but does not extend the time to pay your taxes. Payment of the expected tax due is required with Form 502E by April 15. You can file and pay by credit card or electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) on our Web site. If no tax is due and you requested a federal extension, you do not need to file Form 502E or take any other action to obtain an automatic six month extension.  If no tax is due and you did not request a federal extension, file your extension online at or by phone at 410-260-7829. Only submit Form 502E if tax is due.

Maryland allows the same six-month extension for filing and paying personal income taxes for military and support personnel serving in a designated combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area and their spouses as allowed by the IRS. For more detailed information visit If you are affected by the extension enter 912 in one of the code number boxes to the right of the telephone number area.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 337 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Sep 11, 2015
Posted in: STATES, Maryland

Poor Outstanding