Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Form 4835 - Crop Insurance Proceeds

Form 4835 - Crop Insurance Proceeds

Article ID: 33887 Print
Form 4835 - Crop Insurance Proceeds


In general, you must report crop insurance proceeds in the year you receive them.  Federal crop disaster payments are treated as crop insurance proceeds. However, if you use the cash method of accounting and 2013 was the year of damage, you can elect to include certain proceeds in income for 2014. 

Generally, if you elect to defer any eligible crop insurance proceeds, you must defer all such crop insurance proceeds (including federal crop disaster payments).

For more information see IRS Form 4835 General Instructions.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 543 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Sep 22, 2015

Poor Outstanding