Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Missouri Public Assistance

Missouri Public Assistance

Article ID: 33791 Print
Missouri Public Assistance


Include the amount of public assistance, supplemental security income (SSI), child support, unemployment compensation, and Temporary Assistance payments received by you and/or your minor children. Temporary Assistance payments include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) payments. In Missouri, the program is referred to as Temporary Assistance (TA). This includes any governmental cash received. Do not include the value of commodity foods, food stamps, or heating and cooling assistance.

Helpful Hints
Supplemental security income (SSI) is paid by the Social Security Administration. You have to request an SSI form indicating total benefits received from your local social security office. The form should be stamped or signed by the Social Security Administration. If you have minor children who receive SSI benefits, the children do not qualify for a credit. However, if you qualify for a credit, you must include the children's SSI benefits on Line 6.

If you receive temporary assistance from the Children's Division (CD) or Family Support Division (FSD), you must include all cash benefits received for your entire household. The Department of Revenue verifies this information and failure to include total benefits may delay your refund.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 708 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Sep 14, 2015
Posted in: STATES, Missouri

Poor Outstanding