Get the POWER of PRO!
Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Unemployment Compensation

Unemployment Compensation

Article ID: 33447 Print
Unemployment Compensation


The taxpayer should receive a Form 1099-G showing the total unemployment compensation paid to them.

If the taxpayer received an overpayment of unemployment compensation last year and they repaid any of it last year, the program will have a place for this amount. This amount will be subtracted from the total unemployment reported. 

If the taxpayer repaid unemployment compensation last year that was included in gross income in an earlier year, you can deduct the amount repaid.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 815 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Aug 13, 2015

Poor Outstanding