To minimize potential issues an environment variable can be set:
1. On the Windows Start menu, click Settings --> Control Panel --> double-click
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System Variables, click New.
5. In the Variable Name box, enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT
6. In the Variable Value box, enter the timeout value as the following: 1000000
7. Click OK to close each dialog box.
The FLEXLM_TIMEOUT environment variable value is in microseconds, within the
range 0 through 2147483647. The default setting is 100000 microseconds.
If setting the value to 1000000 does not resolve the license timeout issue,
increase the value in 1000000 microsecond (1 second) increments until you are
able to obtain a license from the license server.