How do I find the debugging files for my Primera printer driver?You must first enable driver debugging to create the debug file. Use the following procedure:
1. Browse to the following location on your hard drive.
Latest Driver version location:XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PTI\Drivers\<Printer Name>\
Vista/7 - C:\ProgramData\PTI\Drivers\<Printer Name Folder>\
2. Open the ini file named after your printer. There are several ini files. Open the one that starts with "PT." For Example: "PT_DPPro.ini" or "PT_label.ini."
3. Find the section labeled DEBUGGING. Set the DebugOn value to 1. See below for an example.DEBUGGING;; turn debugging ON (1) or OFF (0) -- default is OFF if not specifiedDebugOn = 1You may also be asked to increase the log level
; LEVEL = 0 through 6 (lower numbers give more debug info); 0 = DBGLVL_ZERO; 1 = DBGLVL_TRACE ; 2 = DBGLVL_DUMP; 3 = DBGLVL_INFORM (default if not specified); 4 = DBGLVL_WARNING; 5 = DBGLVL_ERROR; 6 = DBGLVL_FATALDebugThreshold = 3
4. Save the file.5. Now perform the action that caused the failure. Since debugging is turned on, the relevant information will be captured.
6. The debug files are named PrimeraDrv.dbg and PrimeraLMDrv.dbg. Depending on the product and the operating system they can be found in one of the following locations:C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Temp (Windows XP)C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Local\Temp (Windows Vista/7)C:\Windows\Temp\