How can I insert multiple graphic files as merge fields in SureThing? I would like to print multiple different graphics for each disc using the same SureThing merge file.
1. Create a text file with the following entries which correspond to the names of the graphics files you would like to insert into the print label. Fields are comma delimited. Each line of the text file represent a different record. See example below:
2. Place the graphics files referred to in the text file in the same directory as the text file.
3. Open a blank SureThing template.
4. Go to the tools menu - choose set merge file.
5. Browse to the location of the txt file that was created in step one.
6. Add your first picture by opening the Tools Menu - Object Tools - Picture Tool
7. The cursor will change to a picture icon. Click anywhere on the template.
8. A browse dialog box will open. We will not actually be choosing the image here. This was already done in steps 1 through 5. Instead check the Merge option on the right hand side.
9. Another box will appear which displays all the fields in the merge file created in step 1. Two fields exist in the example above so you would see Field 1 and Field 2. Choose Field 1 if you would like this picture object to correspond with the first file name listed in the text file. Click OK.
10. The dialog will close. You can now adjust the size and position of picture object. Even though the object is square the aspect ratio of the original image will be maintained.
11. Repeat 6-10 to add the second picture.
12. Go to File - Print Preview to see if your merge link was successful and how your merge graphics will look.
Note: You may save this SureThing file anywhere. However, if the SureThing file, the text file or the graphics files are moved the merge link will be broken. If this happens SureThing automatically looks for the merge linked text file in the same directory as the SureThing file. If you are using the SDK you may move or copy all of these files to a separate job folder in the shared directory. As long as all files are in the same directory the merge link will be maintained.
If you are using the SDK and you would like to burn different data and different images to each disc but still use the same SureThing file use the following procedure. Simply create a separate print folder for each new disc using the same SureThing file same named text file. Now swap out the first line of text in the same named text file with the new file names of the images you would like to insert. Put the new images in the same directory. As long as the SureThing file and text file are named the same the merge link will not be broken.