Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: How do I file an extension for Arizona?

How do I file an extension for Arizona?

Article ID: 60213 Email Print
How do I file an extension for Arizona?


To get a filing extension, you can either:

1. Apply for a state extension (Form 204). To apply for a state extension, file Arizona Form 204 by April 15. See Form 204 for details. If you must make a payment, use Arizona Form 204. You do not have to include a copy of the extension with your return when you file, but make sure that you check box 82F on page 1 of the return. If you must make a payment, use Arizona Form 204, or visit to make an electronic payment.

2. You may use your federal extension (federal Form 4868). File your Arizona return by the same due date. If you are filing under a federal extension, you do not have to attach a copy of your federal extension to your return, but make sure you check the box 82F indicating you filed a federal extension.

Extension Underpayment Penalty

If you file your return under an extension, you must pay 90% (.90) of the tax shown on your return by the return's original due date. If you do not pay this amount, we will charge you a penalty. This penalty is ½ of 1% (.005) of the tax not paid for each 30 day period or fraction of a 30 day period. We charge this penalty from the original due date of the return until the date you pay the tax. This penalty cannot exceed 25% (.25) of the unpaid tax. If we charge you the extension underpayment penalty, we will not charge you the late payment penalty under Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) § 42-1125(D).


related articles

Article Details
Views: 811 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 24, 2019
Posted in: States, Arizona

Poor Outstanding