Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Oklahoma Credit for Property Tax Relief

Oklahoma Credit for Property Tax Relief

Article ID: 60157 Email Print
Oklahoma Credit for Property Tax Relief


Credit for Property Tax Relief
Any person 65 years of age or older or any totally disabled person who is head of a household, a resident of and domiciled in this state during the entire preceding calendar year, and whose gross household income for such year does not exceed $12,000, may file a claim for property tax relief on the amount of property taxes paid on the household occupied by such person during the preceding calendar year. The credit may not exceed $200. Claim must be made on Form 538-H.

All claims for relief with respect to property taxes shall be received by the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) on or before June 30th each year for property taxes paid for the preceding calendar year. If the due date falls on a weekend or legal holiday when the OTC offices are closed, your return is due the next business day. Your return must be postmarked by the due date to be considered timely filed. An amended return cannot be filed to claim this credit after the due date; the claim must be filed on or before the due date.

related articles

Article Details
Views: 1115 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 18, 2018
Posted in: States, Oklahoma

Poor Outstanding