At-Home Parent Credit (UC §59-10-1005)
An at-home parent may claim a nonrefundable credit of $100 for each child 12 months old or younger on the last day of 2019. An at-home parent includes the:
• biological mother or father,
• stepmother or stepfather,
• adoptive parents,
• foster parents,
• legal guardian, and
• persons housing a child placed by a child-placing agency for legal adoption.
To qualify for the credit, all of the following conditions must be met:
1. The child must be 12 months or younger on the last day of 2019;
2. the at-home parent must provide full-time care in their residence;
3. the child must be claimed as a dependent on the at-home parent's return;
4. the total of the at-home parent’s wages, tips and compensation listed on federal W-2 forms and the gross income on federal Schedule C, Proﬁt or Loss from Business, line 7, or Schedule C-EZ, Net Proﬁt from Business, line 1, must be $3,000 or less for the taxable year; and
5. the federal adjusted gross income shown on TC-40 line 4 must be $50,000 or less.
Note: Any credit that is more than the tax liability may not be carried back or forward.
There is no form for this credit. Keep all related documents with your records.