Your federal AGI must not be more than $100,000 and your child:
• Qualified as your dependent for 2XXX, and
• Was eligible for early intervention or special education services, as defined by the Department of Education, and
• Was considered to have a disability as of December 31, under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, and
• Was age 21 or younger at the end of the tax year.
For purposes of special education eligibility:
• Eligible disabilities and their Oregon Department of Education code numbers include:
—— Autism Spectrum Disorder (82).
—— Communication disorder (50).
—— Deaf-blindness (43).
—— Emotional disturbance (60)
—— Hearing impairment (20).
—— Intellectual Disability (10).
—— Orthopedic impairment (70).
—— Other health impairment (80).
—— Specific learning disability (90).
—— Traumatic brain injury (74).
—— Visual impairment (40).
Get a current statement of eligibility that confirms one of the disabilities listed above from one of the following:
• The child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), or
• The child’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).