Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: Distribution From a Foreign Trust

Distribution From a Foreign Trust

Article ID: 59847 Email Print
Distribution From a Foreign Trust


If you received a distribution from a foreign trust, you must provide additional information. For this purpose, a loan of cash or marketable securities generally is considered to be a distribution. See Instructions for Form 3520 for details.

If you were the grantor of, or transferor to, a foreign trust that existed during the current tax year, you may have to file Form 3520.

**Please note that we do not support this form**. You can find the form and instructions on the on the Official IRS site.


related articles

Article Details
Views: 413 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 07, 2018
Posted in: Income

Poor Outstanding