Support Center > Knowledge base> Article: How do I file an Iowa extension?

How do I file an Iowa extension?

Article ID: 59632 Email Print
How do I file an Iowa extension?


Iowa does not have an extension form to obtain additional time to file, nor do they honor a federal extension.

If at least 90% of your total tax liability is paid by April 30, you will automatically have an additional six months to file your return. You have until October 31, to file your return timely. You will not be charged a late file penalty. However, you may owe a 2210 penalty for failure to make estimated payments. You will owe interest on any tax still due after April 30.

If you need to make a tax payment to meet the 90% requirement, you may:

related articles

Article Details
Views: 686 Created on: Jun 15, 2013
Date updated: Dec 17, 2018
Posted in: States, Iowa

Poor Outstanding