Payment is due on April 15, 2020, regardless of any extension you may have to file your return. If payment isn’t made by the due date, interest and penalties may be charged. See “Interest and penalties” for more information.
Electronic payments from your checking or savings account
You can pay your prior year income taxes, current year income taxes, and 2020 estimated income taxes directly from your checking or savings account. You also have the option to pay by direct debit when you file your return. There is no fee for this. Visit our website for more information.
Credit card payments
You can pay your current-year balance due, make estimated tax payments for 2020, and pay prior year taxes with your Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card.
To make an online payment, go to Revenue Online on our website. A convenience fee may be charged for this service. Keep the payment confirmation number for your records.
Payment by check or money order
• Make your check or money order payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
• Write the tax year, the form number or type of payment you’re making, and the last four digits of your SSN or ITIN on your check.
• Use blue or black ballpoint pen. Don’t use red or purple ink or gel pens.
• Don’t send cash or a postdated check.
• Include the payment voucher, Form OR-40-V with your payment. Form OR-40-V is available in our tax booklets and on our website.