Additional Low Income Property Tax Rebate for Los Alamos and Santa Fe County Residents Only
This low income property tax rebate is for property tax paid during tax year 2019 on your principal place of residence (defined later in this section) in Los Alamos or Santa Fe County. This property tax rebate may not exceed $350 or, for a married taxpayer filing a separate return, $175.
IMPORTANT: No property tax rebate is available for property that is not subject to property tax.
No Age Limit You do not need to be 65 or older to be eligible for this rebate. If you are a Los Alamos or Santa Fe County resident who is age 65 or older on the last day of the tax year, you may be eligible for this rebate and the property tax rebate for persons 65 or older on line 17c.
Requirements To qualify for the rebate, all of the following must be true:
• You have a principal place of residence in Los Alamos or Santa Fe County.
• You have a modified gross income of $24,000 or less.
• You were a resident of New Mexico during the tax year.
• You were physically present in New Mexico for at least six months in 2019.
• You were not eligible to be claimed as an other dependent of another taxpayer for 2019.
• You were not an inmate of a public institution for more than six months in 2019.